- de Meij
- de Molijn
- van den Berch
- Hogenhouck family
- Civic career
- Scientific career
- Delft in Holland
Property in Delft owned by members
of Leeuwenhoek's extended family
the Leeuwenhoek family
Maerten Huijchs Leeuwenhoek (1631-1694) gave it to his daughter Elisabeth Maertens Leeuwenhoek (1666-1743) and husband Dirck van Schie in a scheiding of 1701 05/06, notary Adriaen Leeuwenhoeck. The Bastiaen Maertens van Cuijck that Maerten got it from has same patronymic and last name as Maerten's mother Magdaleentgen Maertens van Cuijck, thus, his uncle? Rent 185/yr.
This property is next to (south of) the Stadhuis. On its west side, the corner Markt 23A next door, Sijmon Borbon grew up in the house of his father Pontus, a peddler. Was it bought later, after Simon had already gone to sea? See timeline for 1670 09/09. On the other side is Markt 27; see Achter de Gevels.
Iron seller Walich Jacobs sold (4s165) the property to leather worker Barent van Frijtum (1663-1720 or 1733), who married Magdaleentje (Helena) Maertens Leeuwenhoek (1653-1720) in 1687.
Two weeks after van Frijtum's goods were inventoried on 1716 04/07 (notary Cornelis van der Sleyden, ONA inv. 2528B, fol. 89), he sold (5v022v) it to Michiel Reijniers van Hasseld (1664-1704) and Margareta Maertens Leeuwenhoek (1661-1743), Helena's sister, on 1716 04/25 (notary Cornelis van der Sleyden, ONA inv. 2528B, fol. 131).
She passed (6f120v) it on to their daughter Johanna van Hasselt, widow of Aalbert Kool, who sold it to Dr. Box.
Antony van Leeuwenhoek bought this property adjoining his house on the Hippolytusbuurt with Carl Serval on May 8, 1708 - ORA Delft 5R, deel III, fol. 75. Serval also owned an adjoining property and they split this. Leeuwenhoek got the back half adjoining his property.
Antony's boyhood home, bequeathed by grandfather Thonis to uncle Huijch. Fronts on Oosteinde, across the alley from E0056. Referred to as Leeuwenpoort Vooromme. When did grandfather Thonis buy E0056 and E0079?
Thonis Philips Leeuwenhoek, Antony's grandfather, owned three properties near the Oostpoort, E0056, E0073, and E0079. E0056 fronts on Oosteinde right across the alley from E0073 and extends behind the houses, as a garden?, to the back side of the Klaeuwshofje. The alley was replaced by another about 50 feet farther northwest.
|Oranje Plantage 79||
Thonis Philips Leeuwenhoek (-1643) and his son Huijch Thonis Leeuwenhoek (-1699), both basketmakers, paid the 1632-1654 verponding 271r4, 271v2. Huijch is the owner listed twice in ORA 281-283 housing protocol, marked in the margin with 2 (351r1) and 4 (351r2). E0079 fronts on Oosteinde. The large area now the school and bordering on the Klaeuwshofje (built 1605) may have been a garden. It was across the alley (now gone) from E0056. See 1649 map.
|Oude Delft 97||
Lambrecht (1624-1701) paid the 1632-1654 verponding 474r3. He gave it to his son Maarten (1659-1742), who gave it to his 3 unmarried children, the last of whom, Adriana (1691-1767), gave it to last surviving sibling Eva (1701-1776), who gave it to husband Arnoud Carlier (-1780).
Notaries Cornelis de Man (February 21, 1730, February 16, 1740), Th.Schrevelius te Leiden (1733), Hendrick Halder (1767)
O.R.A. seems to have dates out of order, 1733 after 1767. The Buitenwatersloot properties A0129-0131 have the same history.
Lambrecht (Lambertus) Adriaans Leeuwenhoek (1696-1764) bought this house from his uncle Ritsart Jans Keijser (-1666) or his great-uncle's estate. The Burg geneology has it as the house of Ida Keijsers, the sister of Ritsart Jans and Lambrecht Adriaans' grandmother. Lambrecht Adriaans grew up in the house on the adjacent property on Koornmarkt that his father owned.
Cousin Maerten Huijchs Leeuwenhoek (1631-1694) owned it.