Count Willem IV granted Delft a variety of rights over its own commercial affairs

Date: 
November 27, 1342

Count Willem IV decreed that he was extending to Delft privileges concerning the "possessions" of members of the Court of Delft within the gates of the City and the [ schouw ] in Delfland, and granting them the lombardhuis (Banck van Leeninge) -- where the Vleeshal now stands -- the lakenmaat (cloth measures), lakenzegel (cloth seal), waag (weigh house), de makelaardij van het koren (grain brokerage), de botermaat (butter measures), school, vismarkt (fish market), the naming of boden and the schroodambacht.

Document: 

OAD Inv. 90 charter no. 5372

 

Sources
Learn more
Related pages: