What happened to his house?

My thanks to Johan Geertzenwijk for providing
most of the following information from the Delft city archives
about the owners of the Gulden Hoofd after Maria van Leeuwenhoek.

Dirk Jans Haaxman bought the Gulden Hoofd in 1747 as his portion of the estate bequeathed to him by Maria Leeuwenhoek. Eighteen years later, Haaxman was appointed baker for the Charitaathuis and moved back to his grandfather Cornelis Jans' house and bakery on the Schoolsteeg. Six months after that, on 1765-12-14, Haaxman sold the Gulden Hoofd to Heijltje Barthuijsen.

Heijltje Barthuijsen was 25, having been baptized on 1740-07-05 in Delft, parents Jan Barthuijsen and Jannetje van Bodegom. Less than a month after buying the house, Heijltje married Matthijs Pannebaker 1766-01-11. They had four children. Heijltje was buried on 1779-04-09.

Matthijs lived until 1806-02-18. Almost two years later, his estate administrators (redderaars) sold the house to Margaretha Plaat on 1807-12-23 for 800 guilders (ORA inv. 249 waarbrief 7m292v).

Six months after that, on 1808-06-30, Margaretha sold it to Adrianus Foppe, a Delftware potter, for 700 guilders (ORA inv. 250 waarbrief 7o158).

On 1814-11-17, Foppe, living on the nearby Choorstraat, sold the house to Johan Philippus Bieran, a pork butcher (spekslager), who had been living there.

Jacob Frederik Bausch (1784-1866), storekeeper, Delft, bought the Gulden Hoofd from Bieran on January 26, 1820, for 1,200 guldens. The following year, he bought the Suikerhuis next door from Jan le Fevre for 1,400 guldens (S.A. Scholten, notary, 3575). Jacob Bausch had grown up in the Suikerhuis, but his father Georg Bausch had been forced to sell it due to bankruptcy when his son was 25. Jacob, who with his wife Anna Maria Struijk had six children, combined the houses, no doubt by knocking down some interior walls. He lived there for more than three decades, during which time it appreciated quite a bit. He sold it to William Allan in 1854 for 10,000 gulden (J. Vorstman, notary, 160).

The Kadaster map of 1832, which labeled the two properties C 153 and C 154, was revised in 1859. The two properties were united under one number, C1507. In the subsequent property transactions listed below, it was referred to as a double house (dubbel huis) until 1905, when Hermannus Vroom bought it for his department store. By then, the cost had risen to 28,000 gulden. By the time that the V&D so completely remodeled the building in 1923-24 that they had to submit plans to the city, the interior rooms from the Suikerhuis and the Gulden Hoofd were no longer there.

Later owners:

Art. 3753
William Allan, merchant, Rotterdam
Sold in 1867 for 11,000, J. Vorstman, notary

Art. 4764
Christian Johann Hermann Carl Friedrich Lengerke, merchant, Delft
Sold in 1878 for 15,000 gulden, J. Vorstman, notary (95)

Art. 6305
Arij Jz. van Herwijnen, individual, Delft
Sold in 1904 for 28,000 gulden, W.E. van Berckel, notary (271)

Art. 9215
Hermannus Vroom, storekeeper, Utrecht
Nadien Amalia Kerstholt widow Vroom, Utrecht

The department store firm Vroom and Dreesman operated a retail store there until late into the 20th century, after which owners changed frequently.